This is to notify staff and students and indeed the generality of the public that the Polytechnic will re-open for normal academic activities effective from Monday, September 21, 2020.
The re-opening is consequent upon the directive of the Ogun State government under the able leadership of His Excellency, Prince Dapo Abiodun, MFR, that, academic activities which were suspended throughout the State and indeed the Federation during the outbreak of the ravaging COVID-19 pandemic in March, 2020, should resume in the State.
Arising from the directive, the Academic Board of the Polytechnic at a meeting held on Thursday, September 17, 2020, has approved a phased resumption of academic activities as follows:
- ND II Students in the School of Engineering and Sciences (SES) are to resume on Monday, September 21, 2020. Those who are yet to complete their registration are enjoined to do so without further delay. Those that are yet to pay their school fees and other prescribed fees are also enjoined to pay, as no student who is defaulting in the payment of all prescribed fees will be allowed to sit for the on-going examination.
- The ND II students in the School of Engineering and Sciences will commence their First Semester Examination on Monday, September 28, 2020, in line with the revised time table.
- All ND I and HND I students in the two (2) Schools who are yet to complete their ongoing examination will also sit for their remaining papers beginning from Monday, September 28, 2020, in line with the revised time table.
- The outstanding GNS examination by the ND II students in the School of Management Sciences and School of Engineering and Sciences will also hold as indicated in the revised time table.
Students are therefore advised to acquaint themselves with the revised time table for the examination.
In the bid to ensure the safety of all and sundry and realising the fact that the ravaging pandemic is yet to abate, Management wishes to appeal to both staff and students as well as visitors to the Polytechnic to adhere strictly to all the protocols prescribed by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) to fight the deadly virus.
Consequently, the following are to be noted by all and sundry:
- All visitors to the Polytechnic, including staff and students are to ensure the wearing of their nose masks at all times. The “NO FACE MASK, NO ENTRY” guideline will be strictly pursued.
- Adequate washing of hands and the application of hand sanitizers in all offices and other public places should be ensured at all times.
- No gathering or clustering of people around any area will be allowed. The principle of social distancing should be observed in all our offices and public places.
A Committee to ensure that we adhere to the protocols that have been prescribed for the safety of all has been put in place by the Management. The Co-operation of all members of staff, as well as students and visitors to the Institution is hereby solicited.
While welcoming everyone back on Campus, we are all enjoined to realize the fact that the safety of all should be the concern of all.