The Head of the POLYTECHNIC’S Health Centre is the Director of Health Services. The POLYTECHNIC Health Services caters for the health needs of the POLYTECHNIC Community. It provides Curative and Preventive services.
The services provided include:
● Daily Consultations and Emergency
● Annual Medical Examination for new Students and new employees
● Child Welfare Clinics (Immunization – E.P.I, Programme)
● Family Planning Clinics
● X-Ray Services – yet to be available
● Medical Laboratory Services – in conjunction with SLT
● Ante-Natal Clinic
● Environmental Sanitation
● Innoculation for purposes of International Travels. The Centre is recognized by the World Health Organization as an Approved Vaccination Centre
● LYING-IN-WARD for observation before reference to Specialist Hospital
The referred cases are usually sent to the General Hospital at Itori, Ifo and Abeokuta. The normal consulting days are Monday to Friday. No consultation on Public Holidays, Saturdays and Sundays
LYING-IN-WARD OBSERVATION WARD 8.00am – 4.00 pm
A five bedded observation ward is provided for fairly ill patients that need immediate close supervision. If there is no remarkable change by 2.00 p.m., such cases will be referred to the Ogun State General Hospital Itori.
The Medical Report Form must be completed and duly signed by a Medical Officer in the POLYTECHNIC’S Health Centre. The Chest X-ray and all the medical laboratory tests must be done in Government Hospital.
The Medical Report must be returned to the Registration Officer in the Academic Office within two weeks of resumption, failing which the student’s identity card will not be issued.
All freshmen are expected to register with the Polytechnic Health Centre as soon as they have been cleared by the Admission Officer.
Registration is not complete without the submission of the medical report.